Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
It took us nearly a decade of thoughtful design and prototyping to create the Primal Zen - the successor to the beloved Primal 2! The Primal Zen offers the same minimalist casual shoe that is vegan-friendly and zero-drop, but with some added cushion and a more grounded base. Its newly designed outsole guarantees that ultra-light fit and feel you've come to love in the Primal 2, yet adds a bit more protection and durability with its platform that naturally wraps the shape of the foot. Its upper is built with a combination of breathable air mesh and microfiber, so your feet will truly feel at peace wherever your next journey takes you!
Comprised of microfiber and breathable air mesh, we made sure that all materials, down to the laces and glue, are 100% vegan.
Our proprietary IBR outsole is what makes Lems incredibly lightweight and flexible - giving your foot the sense of weightlessness.
Places the forefoot and heel flat to the ground correcting posture, aligning your spine, and encouraging mid-foot strike.
WIDE TOE BOX
Unlike traditional footwear that squeeze the toes together, our foot-shaped toe box allows for maximum room giving the toes ultimate freedom to wiggle and spread.
ALL HAIL THE ZEN MASTER
If you’re already a fan of the Primal 2, then consider the Primal Zen its heir apparent. We took the components you love in the Primal 2 - the wide toe box and the flexible IBR outsole - and built a shoe on a new platform that wraps around your foot like a glove. For a more comfortable feel, we also added 2mm of extra sole for added protection and durability.
We didn’t call this shoe “Zen” for nothing. In shoes this comfortable, all of your worries will just slip away. This super minimalist, kicking-around-town shoe offers a wider outsole width than the Primal 2, and a touch more cushion while still keeping the weight off, at just 8.2 oz. The Primal Zen's slick construction also includes an attached tongue that won't fall out of position, and slightly stretchy laces to give you the perfect fit across the top of your foot. The cork footbed guarantees your feet will stay cool comfortable, with or without socks. With so much comfort designed into this shoe, you'll truly feel like you're wearing nothing at all!
PRIMAL 2 VS. PRIMAL ZEN: WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
- Last: Lems Natural-Shape™ Last
- Upper: Microfiber & air mesh
- Lining: 100% polyester
- Outsole: 9.5mm LemsRubber™ (air-injection rubber)
- Insole: Ultra-thin 0.8mm cork top layer with 3.0mm PU under layer
- Stack Height: 11.0mm (not including 3.0mm insole)
- Drop: 0.0mm (Zero-Drop)
- Weight: 8.2 oz (Men's 10)
- Tongue: Gusseted
- Vegan: Yes
For additional information please check out our FAQ page!
Our latest addition to the Primal collection is here and we know you are wondering how it compares to your other beloved Lems. So how does it compare to your other beloved Lems? If you have the Primal 2 and find that they fit just right, then we suggest you stick with that same size. If you find that the Primal 2 is a little too roomy for your comfort, order a half size down. If you are a Boulder Boot fan, we find that the Primal Zen fits a little longer than the Casual Soles styles. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our customer service team at [email protected].
SIZE ORDERING GUIDE
- When using the table below, consider your normal U.S. size, the size that you would most often wear in other brands
- Sizing preference can vary based on many things including: width of your foot, sock thickness, etc.
- If you need more width or volume inside the shoe, all Lems shoes can be worn without the insole
- If you need less width or volume inside the shoe, you may try using a thicker insole than the one that is included with the shoe
- All of our shoes are unisex (except the Trailhead & Mesa). For example, a Boulder Boot in Women's 9.5 is the same exact shoe as a Boulder Boot in Men's 8